[Israel.pm] Help installing a module manually

Offer Kaye oferk at oren.co.il
Sat Jan 3 22:44:32 PST 2004

> Hi all...
> I'm working on a small but crucial script for a web site, hosted
> on rented space (domain.co.il), which requieres the Encode module
> for encoding hebrew / unicode pages and sending them as e-mail.
> The module is not installed on the server, so I tried installing
> manually (using MakeFile.PL PREFIX=...), but the perl version on
> the server is 5.6, and Encode requires 5.7.3.
> Is there any workaround for this?
> I've tried using older versions of Encode, with no use...
>
> I'd really apreciate any ideas, as this is kind of important...
> Thanks,
> Shahar Evron.

Hi Shahar,
If no-one on the list can help you, try the mailing list:
perl-unicode at perl.org

As the following email details, you are not the first to encounter this
problem:
http://www.mail-archive.com/perl-unicode@perl.org/msg01461.html
Continue reading the above thread for possible solutions- I saw Text::Iconv
mentioned, for example.

Good luck,