OpenOffice Presentation [was Re: [Israel.pm] YAPC submissions guidelines (light!)]

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sat Jan 3 18:52:14 PST 2004

[ CCing to the list]

On Sunday 04 January 2004 02:10, you wrote:
> On Saturday 03 January 2004 18:21, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > Generally, I think it is ironic that open source advocates like us do not
> > accept the most common open source presentation tool for our own
> > conference.
>
> You are completely right in this (IMO). Did you try to export as PDF?
> (Acrobat Reader should be available even on inferior-non-free platforms,
> while on Linux you have in addition xpdf(1) and gv(1)).

I did. However, it seems that the effects are lost. (all these cross-fading,
one points at a time, etc.). And so it detracts from the presentation value.

BTW, are you planning to give any lecture to Haifux or Israel.PM (or Telux)
soon? I don't believe I ever heard you giving a talk.

> "Software is like Entropy: it's hard to grasp, weighs nothing and obeys the
> Second Law of Thermodynamics, i.e. it always increases"
>        -- Norman Augustine

See this discussion: