[Israel.pm] Followup on Gaal's talk on Class::Accessor - inside out classes.

Yuval Kogman lists at woobling.org
Sun Feb 29 05:55:09 PST 2004

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 14:58:47 +0200, Gaal Yahas wrote:

 I didn't think so, because the hash keys, being stringified, are not
> hard references any more

There's always Tie::RefHash - it works wonderfully for a hash of hard
ref keys. And you could always make a reference out of a number (and a
number out of a string), if you use Devel::Poiner::PP. Buit this is
bound to be a Bad Thing(tm).

> so you do get DESTROY called at the right
> time and since you know the fields you can also delete the elements.

But in my proposed implementation, the closure of hash per accessor, you
can't access the hashes properly. You need to know what they are. Beh.
It doesn't really matter.

> So I'd have said "go for it", but instead have to say "it's been done". :/

Hmm, I should have figured. Perlmonks are obsessed with inside out
objects. Well, most of them, anyway.

I personally think it takes away your liberty cleaning up after someone
elses properly done mistakes.

 /\  kung foo master: /me throws bonsai kittens: neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!