[Israel.pm] YAPC Feedback

Jason Elbaum Jason.Elbaum at motorola.com
Sun Feb 29 01:03:57 PST 2004

I'd like to add my compliments to the organizers. I learned new things
and met new people, and this year I really will try to get to some of
the monthly meetings. Maybe even give a presentation.

On the whole, I thought it was better organized than last year. Things
ran pretty close to schedule, and the location was more convenient and
more suitable.

It was a shame the proceedings weren't available. Last year that made it
easier to select talks, and it meant we came away with useful material
about the talks we missed. I would suggest that at least the abstracts
of all the talks should have been available. Suggestion: What if each
the opening session included 5-minute lightning talks by all the
presenters summarizing their presentations?

A feedback form might have been useful for the organizers.

Talks should have been rated by the level of the material, or what
knowledge is assumed.

And on more important matters: I would have appreciated a greater
variety of snacks at the coffee breaks. There are only so many burekas
and croissants I can handle in one day.

Jason Elbaum