[Israel.pm] Perl 6 Critique

Scott Weisman sweisman at pobox.com
Wed Feb 18 13:22:44 PST 2004

I found your article very interesting. I bought "Perl 6 Essentials" last year,
and I liked much of what I saw. But after much thought, I agree with you on
many points. But even if Perl 6 will be so much better than Perl 5 that
everyone will immediately migrate to it (a dubious assertion) how much longer
will it take? From my limited perspective, Perl 6 looks to be *years* away.
And Perl 5 has not stood still. 5.8 is much evolved from 5.000, or even 5.005.
5.10 will have additional refinements.

Parrot, which is distinct from Perl 6, IMHO, *is* a great idea, as is Ponie.

Scott