[Israel.pm] The PowerPoint-Friendly Version of my TT Pres

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Tue Feb 17 04:13:16 PST 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> But I need a suitable program running on a suitable OS that will be able to
> present it. That's the minimum I'm asking for, and it should not be too hard
> to comply with. There are going to be Windows workstations which can project
> onto the screen, right? And they will have a CD-ROM drive and be connected to
> the Internet, right?

Shlomi,

As they say in the X-Files: Trust no one!

You are the only one responsible for your presentation.
You need to take care of your presentation files.
You need to take care of a computer to use the files on.
You need to make sure the software on the computer is
compatible with your presentation format.

You may only assume that you'll have a room to lecture in
and a slot in the conference's schedule.

Please note that months ago, Gabor stated and repeatedly
stated that the orginizers cannot offer a laptop or a
computer for the presentations and that the lecturers are
responsible for that.

I hope that this is the end of the discussion.

Shlomo Yona,
on behalf of YAPC::Israel::2004 's orginizers.