[Israel.pm] Unlink v/s deletion

Srikanth Madani srikanth.madani at vodafone.com
Mon Feb 16 06:01:34 PST 2004

Offer Kaye wrote:

>> my $deleted = unlink ('$fifo_dir/$pipe');

>Change the single quotes to double quotes:
>   my $deleted = unlink ("$fifo_dir/$pipe");

Perfect; it works!
I looked at the example from the man pages:
    $cnt = unlink 'a', 'b', 'c';
and did not realize that the single quotes are only for single characters.

Thanks!
Srikanth

Srikanth Madani
Software Configuration Management (CC) [TATS Take Over]
Amdocs Software GmbH
+49-211-533-8461 srikanth.madani at vodafone.com
Ericsson Building E4-33; Fritz-Vomfelde-Straße 14. Düsseldorf.
Larry Wall on Perl 6 : We're working on it, slowly but surely...or
not-so-surely in the spots we're not so sure.