[Israel.pm] Installing Festival CPAN modules on Debian

perl-il at amos.mailshell.com perl-il at amos.mailshell.com
Sat Feb 7 07:47:30 PST 2004

Hello,

Hope this is the right place to ask this, but I'm trying to
install CPAN Speech modules on a Debian unstable using either
the command line "cpan" (from package "perl") or the webmin-cpan
web interface, both fail completly.

When I try to install what I believe to be the base module for
this ("cpan Speech::Synthesiser") it fails in the test phase
with an error about "Can't locate Festival.pm".

So I tried "cpan Festival" (which doesn't find the module) and
"cpan Speech::Festival" (which also fails on not finding Festival).

Indeed, Speech::Synthesiser's test.pl contains 'use Festival;",
could this be a bug?

Thanks,

--Amos