[Israel.pm] Israel Standard Time (IST) vus Israel Daylight-savings Time (IDT)

Mikhael Goikhman migo at homemail.com
Thu Feb 5 16:26:53 PST 2004

Here is a more or less authoritative url that reflexes the summer times
in Israel that we spoke about on the today's monthly meeting. There are
also instructions for several operating systems, mostly unices:

  ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/pub/tz/

As far as I know, glibc always includes the up to date information about
all countries including Israel, so if you have an up to date gnu/linux
destribution (or up to date GNU libc) you don't usually need to worry
for some years (if Knesset indeed gave such information in advance).
However, if your system didn't automatically switch from IST to IDT and
vice versa, you may correct this manually, see instructions. I once did
it in the previous millennium, and it worked.

Just browsed this URL and it seems that we are in an unfortunate year.
The last 2000-2004 announcement will be irrelevant soon, and there is no
new anouncement for 2005 yet! Just incorrect guesses: 1 Apr and 1 Oct.
Seems unbelievable for a civilized country in the third millennium.

Regards,
Mikhael.