[Israel.pm] Another newbie question - Hashes

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Thu Feb 5 08:16:02 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 03:11:17PM +0200, Yuval Yaari wrote:
> I don't see anything wrong with local $/.

It involves two magical concepts, $/ and local, which for a beginner
are hard to understand and generally not very useful. So the phrase
becomes a black magic spell you "just have to remember" without really
understanding; I don't like those.

> BTW, local automagically sets the variable to undef...

Hey, I didn't know that! Thanks.

> While is great for memory, pretty straightforward, but you don't want
> ~10 lines handling such simple thing. 3-4 lines are usually great.

I agree with that :)

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/