[Israel.pm] RE: [OT] University education (Was BSc. for Jobs )

Eitan Schuler Eitan.schuler at exlibris.co.il
Tue Feb 3 08:37:57 PST 2004

Well, I wish I had a university degree, but I don't.
I have only a 'handassai'. When I see the opened positions in Israel it
seems that I am not in the domain at all with my 6 years experience. It took
me 6 years to realize that in such hard periods of the industry BA or BSc is
a must.
When I finished the 'handassai' I could start a program for BSc. It should
have taken 3 years for those who started. 2 years later if someone wanted to
make this 'hashlama' - it took 4 years. Now - almost 9 years later if I want
a BSc in Hadassah Collage it takes 5-6 years (!) in evening program - 3
semesters a year. Now I think - this is CRAZY.
BA I can get in the 'Michlala leMinhal' in 3.5 years.

I have just realized that my 'handassai' doesn't worth anything. This is
quite frustrating, but all I have is my experience.
:-(
So after all my only hope is that I will be able to keep my job until (the
industry goes higher || I will finish sometime a BSc)

Regards
Eitan

P.S.:
By the way does anyone use this high level mathematic you can learn in BSc.
in Computer Sciences in everyday work? I don't.