[Israel.pm] Perl Advocacy

Uri Bruck bruck at actcom.net.il
Mon Dec 27 10:18:48 PST 2004

Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> On 27 Dec 2004 18:10:44 +0200, Gabor Szabo wrote:
>
>>BTW Is there a module Functions::PHP that exports those 3000 functions
>>PHP has ? If no such module, what about writing one ?
>

> There is PHP::Strings, its long documentation is pretty entertaining:
>
>   http://search.cpan.org/~kudarasp/PHP-Strings/Strings.pm

"
addslashes

http://www.php.net/addslashes

PHP::Strings::addslashes WILL NOT BE IMPLEMENTED.

Returns a string with backslashes before characters that need to be
quoted in SQL queries. You should never need this function. I mean, never.
"

starting with php 4 (or 4.0.something) one should never use it in php
either. At least for mysql there's mysql_escape_string()

"
hebrev

http://www.php.net/hebrev

PHP::Strings::hebrev WILL NOT BE IMPLEMENTED.

Use the Encode module to convert between character encodings.
"
hebrev() is not about encoding, it's about implicit->visual conversion.

--
Thanks,
Uri