[Israel.pm] Re: Cool Perl Module of the Week

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Mon Dec 13 07:29:54 PST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Offer Kaye wrote:

> Nobody answered this email (except for Gabor and he doesn't count as
> he is Israel.pm's leader :-)), so I'm sending it again, in the hope
> that this time I'll get more response from the community. If I don't
> I'll drop it :-(

If you send the recommendation regularly, then I think
everyone will be happy with it.

The reason for no responses, I think, is that people don't
want to respond fearing that they will be asked to
participate and actively contribute to it.

So, if you don't object to orginize this and be responsible
for the timely posts of "module of the day/week/month/year",
I promise to send you (offlist) some of my favourites, so
you can use these when you're short with your own ideas :-)

> However, I would be interested in hearing any opinions, e.g. why the
> above content isn't interesting, or what you would find interesting if
> added to the site (and/or mailing list).

I feel that it is not only interesting but also useful.
Perhaps not all modules you may  bring to our attention will
interest everyone, but I'm sure that every one will
eventually find one or more posts useful for his/her needs.

I'd also support to post it not only on the mailing list but
also have a section on the perl.org.il website for these
posts.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il