[Israel.pm] Python talk

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Mon Dec 6 03:17:06 PST 2004

I am glad as I think the opinion on the list really fit mine.

Regarding the strong opinions.

I don't have them regarding Perl or Python or Ruby.
They are all nice languages with a lot more common than it seems
from the debates. Technically they are all very similar.
I told you I don't have strong opinion here and not much knowledge
either.

What is very different IMHO is the state of mind of the programmer.

There is the camp of the One True Way and the other camp of TMTOWTDI.

I prefer the world where (I think) I can make my decisions and no
organization or culture forces its way on me.

So I'd say it is a social thing.