[Israel.pm] Testing XML Schemas

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Mon Dec 6 00:39:37 PST 2004

Hello,

I am maintaining several XML Schemas [1] and as the number
of users of these schemas increases, so does the need for
updating them and enhancing them. So far, so good.

Problem is, the XML instances of these schemas, that I have
do not manifest all the possible instances, or even a
reasonable coverage of the possible cases, which makes it
impossible to test.

For now, all I can do is use available XML instances and
validate them against the schemas, and see if the XML
validator finds any problems.

What I'm looking for is a way to parse an XML Schema
document, and produce xml instances accordingly.

Before I go ahead and implement such a thing from scratch,
I'd like to know if there are any available tools for it,
that I can try and utilize.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema

--