[Israel.pm] Python talk

Uri Bruck bruck at actcom.net.il
Sun Dec 5 11:27:06 PST 2004

I'd be interested in hearing such a talk, provided the format allows
room for discussion. That suggests one of the monthky meetings rather
than YAPC. I find the tone of the message slightly disturbing, though.
Especially :

 >> I admit I still use Perl occasionally, but I feel guilty afterwards.
 >> Programming Perl is a SIN!

I myself have some pretty strong opinins about some programming
practices, and moderate opinions about others. But I'd be interested in
hearing a real discussion, not a holy war.

Gabor Szabo wrote:

> I just got in touch with Liraz Siri who writes:
>

>> I've been programming Perl for about 9 years now, and was a huge
>> fan of Perl and Larry Wall up until maybe 4 years.
>

>> Then I saw the light.
>

>> Using Perl nowadays for any script over 100 lines is a crime.
>> Why use Perl when there's Python?
>

>> I admit I still use Perl occasionally, but I feel guilty afterwards.
>> Programming Perl is a SIN!
>

>> I'd like to come over and do a presentation about that, if you'll
>> accept an ex-Perl devotee, now a Python zealot.
>

> Shall we invite Liraz to give a talk on one of the meetings ?
> To YAPC::Israel::2005 ?
>
> Gabor

Thanks,
Uri