[Israel.pm] web-based script

Uri Bruck bruck at actcom.net.il
Tue Aug 31 07:30:04 PDT 2004

Shlomo Yona wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Yuval Yaari wrote:
>
>> This can all be done from the shell.
>> And as much as I like to write Perl -- I'd rather use already-written
>> tools.
>>
>>>      [in the browser]
>>>      * goto url x.y.z
>>>      * login (username+password) [1]
>>

>> This can be done with wget and/or lwp-request and/or curl.
>

> I was hoping for a snippet...
> I guess I'll RTFM...

                my $url = 'http://the.url?param1=val1';
                require HTTP::Request;
                require LWP::UserAgent;
                my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
                my $request = HTTP::Request->new(GET => $url);
                my $response = $ua->request($request);
                my $content = $response->content();

$content should contain the web page you downloaded.

here:
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=389053
you can find an example with method POST including passing parameters.

--
Thanks,
Uri