[Israel.pm] web-based script

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Tue Aug 31 02:19:21 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have the following task that I now do manually using a web
browser, a shell prompt, unison (files/dirs
synchronization), ssh and sftp:

 	[in the browser]
 	* goto url x.y.z
 	* login (username+password) [1]
 	<new page>
 	* select a radio button
 	* select another radio button
 	* hit submit
 	<wait for a download of a HUGE (over 100 mg) file>
 	[in the shell prompt]
 	* run a script on the downloaded file
 	<new file produced>
 	* copy the new file to some directory
 	* synchronize the directory with its mirror on another server
 	* run another script that compiles something out of the file
 	<after a few hours of processing a new file is created>
 	* sftp the file to server A
 	* ssh to server C
 	* ssh from C to server B
 	* sftp from server B to server A and get the new file
 	* chmod the file on server B as it should be
 	DONE

Can you please give me skeleton code for any of the tasks?
I see here:
 	session to handle (pose as a browser)
 	doing stuff locally (that's easy... I already know this)
 	synchronization in batch mode (how?!)
 	transfer of the file by a chain of ssh and sftp [2]

Help?!

[1] the login seems to be a simple apache based auth
[2] this is tricky: For some security reason, server B
doesn't accept logins from anywhere but server C, so server
C must first be contacted. Then one needs to login to server
B. Moreover, server B doesn't accept any sftp calls, so one
must sftp from B to any other server to get files. Server C
doesn't have enough quota to relay the file, so server A
must be also used...

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il