[Israel.pm] Handling huge data-structures?

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Sun Aug 29 07:32:33 PDT 2004

I haven't posted in a while, so since I'm on a roll, I'll ask another

I once read about it but I couldn't find the article.
Some bioinformatics people wrote an article about how they handle huge
(Gigabytes...) hashes with our beloved Perl.
I have a <1GB file that I want to keep in a hash, and work with that hash
like a normal hash, just keep it out of my memory (on the HDD, probably).

What solutions exist (except for buying more RAM) and what are their