[Israel.pm] a module to read Microsoft Project mpp files

Eitan Schichmanter ESchichmanter at cloverleafcomm.com
Thu Aug 26 03:17:39 PDT 2004

Yossi,

Please read the following:
http://perlmonks.thepen.com/110228.html

Which can be summarized in the words of the oh-so-wise dws - "you've just been handed a very nasty reasearch project. Were I you, I would push back on this one very hard. Reading/writing a .mpp is best done on Win32, using the official COM API"

Best of luck,

Eitan.

Thanks,
But is there a module to read it on Unix ? there is one for Excel.

Yossi

Hi,

I am trying to find a module to read Microsoft Project files (mpp), but I
can't find one.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Yossi,

Try the Win32::OLE module. It'll give to an interface to OLE objects (which
I'm sure mpp files are a part of). Problem is - the documentation is pretty
poor, and they have examples for Excel only.

HTH

Eitan