[Israel.pm] Sending mail using MIME::Lite and SMTP server parameter

Webmaster @ SOI webmaster at secured.org.il
Thu Aug 19 12:09:25 PDT 2004

Hi List,

I'm kind of newbie to Perl and trying to use the MIME::Lite library
In order to send mail from Perl under RH9 Linux.
The thing is that I need to specify an SMTP server
As I understood from the MIME::Lite and Net::SMTP man
I can pass the SMTP server parameter to the new() function.

What I don't understand is how to combining them ...

The Net::SMTP says :
new('mailhost');

And the MIME::Lite says :

send_by_smtp ARGS...
Instance method. Send message via SMTP, using Net::SMTP. The optional
ARGS are sent into Net::SMTP::new(): usually, these are
    MAILHOST, OPTION=>VALUE, ...

Does anyone knows how can I combine the to so I can send a mail using
MIME::Lite with SMTP parameters ?

Below the base script I use :
Thanks for any help

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use FileHandle;
use warnings;
use MIME::Lite;
use Net::SMTP;
my $msg;
### Create the multipart "container":
    $msg = MIME::Lite->new(
                 From    =>'user at mydomain.com',
                 To      =>'user at rcvdomain.com',
                 Subject =>'A message with 2 parts...',
                 Type    =>'multipart/mixed'
                 );

    ### Add the text message part:
    ### (Note that "attach" has same arguments as "new"):
    $msg->attach(Type     =>'TEXT',
                 Data     =>"Here's the GIF file you wanted"
                 );

    ### Add the image part:
    $msg->attach(Type     =>'TEXT/html',
                 Path     =>'/home/user/file.html',