[Israel.pm] sending ctrl-D

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Mon Aug 9 03:21:06 PDT 2004

On Monday 09 August 2004 13:13, Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com wrote:
> I have a script that runs on a station that has no mail services.  It
> connects to a remote Unix host that is mail enabled and tries to send the
> email from there.
> I am using Net::Telnet, but I have troubles sending  the terminating
> ctrl-D.  In Unix you end your mail by sending CTRL-D.

Wrong. The command line mail clients are expecting and end-of-file.
Ctrl-D is just a form to notify the tty driver to send an EOF to the
process reading from the tty.

Also, specifically for mail, end of mail message may be signified
via a lone '.' at the begining of line.

ICQ UIN: 16527398

Promises are like babies: fun to make, but hell to deliver.
                           -- Nadav Har'El