[Israel.pm] interesting projects to do in Perl

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Tue Aug 3 08:09:34 PDT 2004

Hello,

Take a look at
http://cs.haifa.ac.il/~shuly/teaching/05/lab/syllabus.pdf

The page lists a few useful projects related to Hebrew text
processing.

I particularly liked the transliteration project and the
segmentation/tokenization related projects.

I suppose that there's no one from Haifa university's CS
department so I'm not advocating the course, but instead
suggesting that these are nice projects that can turn out as
useful Perl modules on CPAN...

I doubt that the students of the course use Perl (most of
them come with Java education) so I was wondering if people
here might find a project interesting enough to develop it
in Perl, giving it a nice interface and ultimately uploading
it to CPAN.

I'll be happy to join and help in the design and development
of any of the project, so if you end up doing one, please
let me know.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il