[Israel.pm] Re: [pm_groups] Perl Tutorials

Offer Kaye offer.kaye at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 07:46:53 PDT 2004

> > I was thinking about using Simon Cozens' book, _Beginning Perl_, as the
> > basis for this class since it is written by a well-known Perl developer,
> > appears to be very complete, and is freely available online. However, I
> > was wondering if any of the mongers groups has already done such a thing
> > and had some course materials (slides, handouts, code examples, sample
> > problems) that would make my life easier.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > William

I've always found "perldoc perlintro" to be a fairly good resource for
introducing Perl to beginners. It has the benefit of being reasonably
short while covering many important (IMO) subjects for beginners.
Also Shlomo Yona once gave a few Perl lectures at the U. of Haifa, his
lecture notes are on his site, they are very good but cover some
subjects which are a bit more advanced. Google him to find the slides
;-)

Good luck with your new user group!

--
Offer Kaye