[Israel.pm] mod_perl question: Ending an apache request with an OK status inside a PerlFixupHandler?

Pinkhas Nisanov nisanov at netvision.net.il
Thu Apr 29 01:38:16 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 22:07, Yuval Yaari wrote:

> I actually tried using DONE earlier but I didn't write: "return
> report_error" (I just called "report_error"), which is a stupid mistake.
> I was reading the perldoc for Apache::Constants and DONE seemed like what
> I was looking for.
> Because of the stupid mistake I made, I thought it doesn't work.

I also did this mistake and every time when I changed
"handler" function it took me about half hour to find
why it stop work. I think best way return apache status
only from "handler" function, it organize code much better.
Many times I use "apache" modules for offline tasks.

> I'm still looking for a way, if one exists, to return the status (finish
> the handler) from within that subroutine.

I never did it, but I think "Apache::exit()" will help you:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#Terminating_requests_and_processes__the_exit___and_child_terminate___functions

regards
Pinkhas Nisanov