[Israel.pm] Q: who to pretty print perl documents on b&w printer?

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Thu Apr 29 00:58:41 PDT 2004

This is an xemacs question in general, but anyhow:

Xemacs outputs postscript. Assuming that you don't have a postscript
printer, you need to download and install Ghostscript for windows. It's
free. The package includes a command-line application called gsprint. It
takes standard input and prints it on your default printer.

I suggest first trying gsprint on a postscript sample file and verify
that it works.

Then edit your .emacs file to include something like:

 '(lpr-switches (quote ("-")))
 '(ps-paper-type (quote a4small))
 '(lpr-command "c:\\Ghostgum\\gsview\\gsprint")
 '(font-lock-maximum-decoration t)
 '(ps-print-color-p nil))

(assuming that c:\Ghostgum\gsview\gsprint is the path to your gsprint

Restart xemacs. Pretty-print should now work.

Good luck,

Web: http://www.billauer.co.il