Verdict: Re: Gimp vs. the World [was Re: [Israel.pm] Creating image thumbnails]

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Apr 27 12:07:00 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 01:42, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Yuval Yaari and Shlomi Fish will pay a round of bourekas on our next
> meeting in order to cover for the extensive (mis)use of bandwidth.
>
> Yuval sent in a 14K big message and by this he reached the 2nd place
> just behind Shlomi who managed to send in a 16K long message.

You call a 16K message an "extensive" misuse of bandwidth? Then you should
check out the Subversion development list. Messages with Patch attachments
there can weight tens of Kilobytes easily, and no-one complains. The largest
message in my INBOX is 112KB, and I have more than ten over 20 KB.

But I think it was a joke.

BTW, I sent the 15.7 KB message only accidentally because I forgot to snip
Yuval's letter, which was quoted afterwards, despite the fact that I meant to
do just that.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il