[Israel.pm] Perl version migration

Jason Elbaum Jason.Elbaum at motorola.com
Sun Apr 25 04:41:05 PDT 2004

We've been considering upgrading our default version of Perl from 5.004,
which we've been using for years, to 5.6 or even 5.8. We're naturally
concerned that this may cause unexpected problems with our in-house
scripts, of which there are many. How legitimate is this concern? Can
anyone point to specific features of 5.004 which are no longer
supported, or which have changed in functionality? Should we just leave
well enough alone?

Thanks,

Jason Elbaum

--
[X]Motorola General Business Information
[ ]Motorola Internal Use Only