[Israel.pm] Creating image thumbnails

Yuval Kogman lists at woobling.org
Sun Apr 25 03:34:47 PDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 12:45:14 +0300, Yuval Yaari wrote:
> `man convert`. Comes with ImageMagick.
> I had to resize around 600 images once and I thought I found the easy
> way out with this tool (because I can run it from the command line).
> I ran it, but I wasn't happy with the quality.

I like netpbm (netpbm.sf.net). It has a converter to and from every file
format it can grok (png, jpeg, tiff) and it's internal format, "pnm". It
also comes with some conversion utilities that work on the pnm format.
There's also a perl module which handles it.

the gallery project (gallery.sf.net) which I use for my families
webgallery uses either netpbm or imagemagick. I was very unsatisfied
with both the size and the quality of ImageMagick's output.

Enjoy!

 /\  kung foo master: /me beats up some cheese: neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!