FW: [Israel.pm] TK: what's the opposite of withdraw?

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Fri Apr 23 02:29:19 PDT 2004

On Friday 23 April 2004 14:52, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> In a recent exchange of e-mail Shlomi Bakish posted a message
>
> > Hi
> >
> > You need to use deiocnify and raise to show it.
> > See more details:
> >  [a url deleted here]
>
> Just a month ago we had a discussion about why it is not right
> to point to places with stolen content.

And in this discussion I mentioned the fact that media that was illegitimately
copied is not "stolen". I'm not saying it is right to illegitimately copy
media. That may or may not be true (considering the first copy priniciple of
copyright law), but is besides the point. The point is that "stealing" or
"theft" involves taking a material good (that obviously cannot be duplicated)
without permission. While in illegitimate copying the original copy of the
data is preserved.

Other than that, I fully support that we frown upon linking to online copies
of books that were placed online without the permission of its publisher or
author, in this forum.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il