[Israel.pm] another talk, maypole

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Sun Apr 18 09:37:58 PDT 2004

Maypole gathers all these nifty but disparate technologies together: the
magic I was talking about comes from a combination of Class::DBI::Loader,
Class::DBI::Loader::Relationship, and Class::DBI::AsForm, the latter two
of which havng been written by Simon Cozens. I just sent in a patch today
to CDBI::AsForm to make it magically handle enums where supported (mysql),
too. Simon was asking about many-to-many in the lists in propagation to
something I asked him on the maypole list :)

Anyway, I'm glad you're familiar with all this, but I don't know that
it's old news to most of us. There is a learning cost.

I don't know if I'll cover "enough" of CDBI. My plan is to get people
to know this module exists and to make it easier for them to start
using it than it was for me. The idea is not to produce CDBI experts;
I'm certainly not one myself.

But if you are, how's this idea: I'll give *my* talk as the preface,
and then you can delve into the details! :)

Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/