[Israel.pm] Installer for a Perl and Web Meta Language based program.

Mikhael Goikhman migo at homemail.com
Thu Apr 15 00:12:58 PDT 2004

On 15 Apr 2004 09:40:17 +0300, Gaal Yahas wrote:

> Well pardon me, but I'd rather spend my energy on the art of programming,
> not the art of twiddling configuration macros.

I think this is usually a problem of small projects only, with one-two
programmers. There is a good division of labor in large popular projects,
where programmers writting the actual code do not usually perform
configuration/distribution/graphic design/documentation and similar work.
Of course, having universal developers is a good solution too.

I mean, if your project is very new and useful, then just wait for
someone to add autoconf stuff or even man pages. Or learn how to do this
yourself if you don't want to wait. The problem that auto-tools help to
solve (build/install smoothly on every unix-like system) is very hard,
there is no and never will be fully automagical solution.

Regards,
Mikhael.