[Israel.pm] Installer for a Perl and Web Meta Language based program.

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Wed Apr 14 16:23:47 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 10:26:27PM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> Many people write their own custom build systems, however they can't be
> as universal as autoconf/automake, without spending the same number of
> years on their development. And I don't completely satisfied with
> auto-tools either. At least both automake tools and now autoconf tools
> are mostly written in Perl. :)

Who cares what they're written in. They suck spectacularly in terms of
the hoops you must go through to make them work. Of course, they still
do the job most of the time, which is why they're still used. But come
on, you don't *like* them, do you?

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/