[Israel.pm] XML Validation in Perl

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Sun Apr 11 02:38:59 PDT 2004

Hello,

I wonder if anyone on the mailing list has experience with
XML validation against an XML Schema using Perl.

I am specifically looking for the following functionality:

1. Validating my XML Schema instance against the XML Schema
format (http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema).
2. Validation an XML instance against my XML schema.

For the 1st task, I don't really require a Perl solution as
I only need it during development/

I am specifically interested in using XML::Twig but I
couldn't do any of the above tasks using that tool.

Another problem/restriction I have is that the solution
shouldn't require Java, and instead can be easily installed
by a user (not necessarily root), built and used.

Looking forward to your input.
Thanks.

--
Shlomo Yona