[Israel.pm] schedule for the upcoming meetings

Mikhael Goikhman migo at homemail.com
Thu Sep 18 03:50:40 PDT 2003

On 18 Sep 2003 12:12:10 +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> Please confirm that you can give the named presentation in
> the given time and that the allocated time is correct.
> Please respond ASAP so we can announce it in a wider distribution.
>
> Oct 9    Mikhael Goikhman : Foreign languages: Ruby (5 hours ;-)

Yea, Midnight Ruby.

I have some questions. Ruby is a pretty modern language, some features
are more comparable with Perl 6 than Perl 5. My current plans are 75
minutes for the lecture, but your feedback may affect this.

I will imply everyone knows Perl 5 pretty well, otherwise I would need
to teach Perl first to show the differences, and it is not my intention.
Can I imply this? I.e. can I expect there are no many Perl questions? :)

Overall, what is your expectation from the lecture, to have more fun
(i.e. keep it easy, skip difficult parts) or to learn the new language?

Regards,
Mikhael.