[Israel.pm] Bounces and our private email addresses

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Sat Nov 15 07:36:49 PST 2003

Hi David,

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, David Baird wrote:

> The topic of a personal email address is a sensitive issue. I
> don't like my email address needlessly advertised, especially
> to a public list.

You are of course right but....

> So, I request that the perl at perl.org.il mail server place its own
> name in the To: line, and not place my email address in the
> message headers.

I am not sure I exactly understand what you are asking for but I am nearly
sure that I won't be able to do it with the current mail lists manager.
I think it does not have this capability and hacking it is not an option.

But one bright day we'll move to use Siesta http://siesta.unixbeard.net/
and then everything will be different.

For example then we can blame ourself if we are not able to hack it to
work the we want it to work. For now I can only ask for forgiveness and
patience.

On the other side of the coin I have heard there are very good spam
filtering tools written in Perl. But I don't want to push the the
responsibility to the suffering end user especially because I am
one of them.