[Perl] parsing XML with hebrew

Gabor Szabo gabor at tracert.com
Mon Mar 17 01:09:23 PST 2003

I have several comma delimitered files that I transformed to XML
using XML::Simple. All seemed to work well, XML::Simple could read back
the data and I could work with it until one of the comma delimitered
files contained hebrew text in one of the fields.

It seems that the conversion to XML (using XML::Simple) still worked
well but when I tried to read it again using XML::Simple it failed with
the following:

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 327, column 37, byte 11286 at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/XML/Parser.pm line 185

What shall I do now ?