[Israel.pm] Re: Re: Israeli Projects Page at the Wiki

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Wed Dec 10 08:38:41 PST 2003

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 18:41, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:27:42 +0200 (IST), Shlomi Fish
>
> <shlomif at vipe.stud.technion.ac.il> wrote:
> >> It was setup with version control using Subversion so I can get back
> >> older
> >> versions.
> >> For now Kwiki itself does not have an interface for this.
> >
> > Are you sure?
> >
> > If we look at:
> >
> > http://www.kwiki.org/index.cgi?button-edit=EDIT&action=edit&page_id=Kwiki
> >
> > You'll see that at the bottom you can retrieve previous versions of the
> > document. Of course it seems like it is using RCS instead of Subversion,
> > but still.
>
> Shlomi, you made quite a number of people angry in the perl 5 porters list
> with the
> fact that you are mostly talking and demanding but don't do nearly
> anything.
>
> Don't start it here as well. I told you in private e-mail also but it seem
> I need to emberass myself in the public with this.

I received your E-mail, but due to the fact that I was at the Technion today,
I did not read it until I read this E-mail.

What I was referring in this E-mail was the interface of the Kwiki Web-GUI
with Subversion. I said, I believed that it is possible to retrieve older
versions of the pages somehow, as is demonstrated in the Kwiki Kwiki.

> Go and start developing the content of our Wiki. Don't tell me
> that for this you have to have access to the version control.

I don't need one.

> Then as it goes I'll add the additional features of the KWiki
> not only the one you are asking for so much but also
> email notification, Google friendliness, and you can
> also send further plugins.
>
> Just do something. For example you could look at chiq_chaq, learn how they
> did the bidi support and put a plugin that does this on the kwiki.org site.

OK. I'll see what I can do.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il
Homepage: http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/