[Israel.pm] Re: Re: Israeli Projects Page at the Wiki

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Wed Dec 10 08:41:49 PST 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:27:42 +0200 (IST), Shlomi Fish
<shlomif at vipe.stud.technion.ac.il> wrote:

>> It was setup with version control using Subversion so I can get back
>> older
>> versions.
>> For now Kwiki itself does not have an interface for this.
>>

> Are you sure?
>
> If we look at:
>
> http://www.kwiki.org/index.cgi?button-edit=EDIT&action=edit&page_id=KwikiFAQ
>
> You'll see that at the bottom you can retrieve previous versions of the
> document. Of course it seems like it is using RCS instead of Subversion,
> but still.

Shlomi, you made quite a number of people angry in the perl 5 porters list
with the
fact that you are mostly talking and demanding but don't do nearly
anything.

Don't start it here as well. I told you in private e-mail also but it seem
I need to emberass myself in the public with this.

Go and start developing the content of our Wiki. Don't tell me
that for this you have to have access to the version control.
Then as it goes I'll add the additional features of the KWiki
not only the one you are asking for so much but also
email notification, Google friendliness, and you can
also send further plugins.

Just do something. For example you could look at chiq_chaq, learn how they
did the bidi support and put a plugin that does this on the kwiki.org site.

<rant off>