[Perl] Introduction to Rindolf - a Perl.com Feature

Shlomi Fish shlomif at vipe.stud.technion.ac.il
Sun Sep 29 08:14:16 PDT 2002

Hi, thanks for the errata.

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Offer Kaye wrote:

> [Errata Snipped]
> *********************************
> Some more comments:
> 1. The page ends somewhat abruptly. How about adding a section at the end
> that says "For more info, go to bal-bla.com , or join the Rindolf mailing
> list at "more-bla-bal.com". Add a link to Rindolf's home page, any currently
> written spec., your email for feedback- that kind of stuff :-).

You are right and as someone else noted, I should add more comments even
if the exact code would be subject to change sometimes later.

> 2. Your first sentence says "Rindolf is a Perl 5 derived dialect of Perl
> that is fully backward-compatible with Perl 5." Yet in
> "http://use.perl.org/features/02/02/13/1959233.shtml?tid=14" you say
> "Rindolf will not be backward compatible to Perl 5". Care to explain this
> contradiction?

I eventually decided to make it fully backward-compatible, with pragmas
that are able to change the more estoric and annoying features of Perl 5.
If it's not fully backward compatible some people may not use it.

I should also add that the article was rejected from perl.com on the claim
that Rindolf was just a toy language.