[Perl] Re: Israel.pm group leader

Gabor Szabo gabor at tracert.com
Sat Sep 21 12:51:59 PDT 2002

Dear fellow YAPHs,

Welcome aboard, this is you new captain speaking.

[I am sending this letter to the perl at perl.org.il list too
but obviously it is more aimed at people who are subscribed only
to the israel-pm-list]

First of all I'd like to thank Gaal Yahas for setting up Israel.pm in
the first place and passing it to me. It was a clever move :-)
Then of course thanks for all the work he put in to have some palce for
Perl Mongeres in Israel too.

Thanks Gaal ! Good luck and say hello to the London.pm guys if you see
them. They are increadible !

For the remaining people: as I am writing this just a day after
YAPC::Europe::2002 I'd like to quote Damian while he was talking about
Perl 6: 'You have nothing to fear'.

And now for the details:
As this list was rather silent in the last year or so since I have
subscribed I think it will be better if keep only one list, but that
one an active list.

I'd like to reiterate the invitation that you should all subscribe to
the list that lives at http://www.perl.org.il/ . This is the last time
I invite you, the next time you'll be forcibly subscribed ! :-).

I'll probably change the israel.pm.org site soon to update the
information on it and if I can I'll extract the archives of this list
and somehow add it to the archives of the other list or just post it
somewhere on the web site.

So that's it for today, the rest I'll write in separate mails to the
perl at perl.org.il list only. Of course you can always have a look at
the archives on the web site.

regards
-- Gabor