[Perl] Next Perl lecture

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Tue Sep 17 08:27:31 PDT 2002

Hello.

October's meeting/lecture.

I can give a lecture about 'sort in Perl'.

The tentative outline of the lecture is:
* What is sorting?
* Where can sorting be useful?
* Which sort is implemented in Perl, why and how it works
* Numeral sorting and Lexicographical sorting
* Feeling comfortable with 'map' and 'grep' before we go on
* Customized sorting (Sort by any criteria you want)
* Sorting elements in complex data structures.
* The Schwartzian Transform
* Discussion

I would rather give the lecture in Haifa,
(same place as last week) but I can be
talked into giving it in Tel-Aviv (Raz systems)
as well.

When should this lecture take place? How about October 3rd?
Any suggestions for the lecture on 'sort'?

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
http://cs.haifa.ac.il/~shlomo/