[Perl] Learning Perl

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Mon Sep 9 07:48:38 PDT 2002

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> Shlomi Fish has some similar thing going on on Haifux.
> Am I right ?

I saw that Shlomi's lectures take place on a rather sparse schedule.
I hope for something more "weekly"... :-)

> Also I don't think that the same people would attend your course
> as would attend mine. I am catering more for the corporate customers
> that want to get the whole course in a few days on site.

So, I am happy that it won't take the bread out of your mouth :-)

> Anyway I have slides created for a 32-40 hours introductory
> session of Perl that you could use if you like it for you
> classes. It has examples and exercises with solutions in it.

I'd love that, thanks.
As a matter of fact, this might be a good forum to ask for
some charity course-material for a newbies course in Perl.

I would also appreciate any help people can offer in visiting
to help installing Perl in Linux/Windows  so the students can
learn in class how to do it and what it takes to use Perl on
a system that does not have it already available.

Thanks, Gabor, for your kind words.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il