[Perl] Learning Perl

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Mon Sep 9 06:14:29 PDT 2002

Hello.

It seems that some people at CRI (out host for the upcomming
Perl meeting) are very interested in learning Perl (well, I
have showed some of them how easy it is to accomplish some
tasks with Perl).

I wonder how many of the Israeli Perl Mongers will be interested
in attending an introductory course in Perl where I'll teach some
basics (My main 'reference book' will probably be the perldocs).
Comming to think of it - People already on this mailing list will
probably not be interested... as they already know the basics, but
they might have friends interested, right?

The lectures will be held probably weekly at Haifa university and
will be open to "scholars" :-)

I suppose that having a "free" course in Perl might sound bad to some
of the people on this mailing list, as they teach such courses as a
living, but instead of "being angry at me" think of it as a service
to the Perl community, as I believe not many people have had the chance
to see what Perl is all about and these people will probably not spend
money for a course, yet they will happily join a free course.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
http://cs.haifa.ac.il/~shlomo/