[Perl] Making a Perl interface to C code

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Sun Sep 1 02:22:47 PDT 2002

Hello.

I the sources to some data structure implemented in ANSI-C.

I would like to make a Perl Module which enables usage of this
data structure implementation in Perl.

How do I do this?

I suppose I'll need to make
	1. A Perl module which supplies the Perl interface
	2. A Perl module which is the Perl implementation which
		actually talks to the C binaries
	3. A Makefile (other technologies?) to build the C binaries
	4. A CPAN package (other technologies?) for easily installing
		the C sources, building the binaries, installing the
		Perl stuff, and so on...

I'd be happy to get some "from scratch" help.

I have the data structure completely finished and working in ANSI C
and have a Makefile for it.
Now what?

Thanks.

--