[Perl] merge DB problem

Yossi.Itzkovich at lightscapenet.com Yossi.Itzkovich at lightscapenet.com
Tue Oct 22 04:49:51 PDT 2002

Hi,

I have two files with many records with the format  of :

Name N
valLine#1
valLine#2
valLine#N

N indicates how many following lines this records has.

I need to merge 2 such files, which is prety simple using 2 hashes,  but I
want to add records from file1 (that are missing in file2) in the same
order/position to file2.

For example:

File1 is:
a 2
aa
aa
b 1
bb
c 1
cc

File 2 is:
a 2
aa
aa
c 1
cc
d 1
dd

I want record "b" from file 1 to be added after record "a".  How can I
change the original solution (using 2 hashes and merge and checking
existance of keys) to suit this one too? I need a simple solution as
possible.

Thanks

Yossi