[Perl] new presentation needed or moving 7th of November

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Mon Oct 21 05:41:36 PDT 2002

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> Yevgeny wrote me couple of days ago that he cannot make it on the
> 7th of November so there are two choices
>
> 1) He can give the presentation earlier on the 4th of November
[...]
> 2) Keep the date but

Unfortunately, I cannot make it anymore on weekdays, due to my obligations
at the university, and the Perl course I give there.
Therefore, unless we meet on Fridays, I can't see how I can make it on time
from Haifa. Sorry.

I hope that next semester things will be different, although according to my
schedule, I don't think so.

This is very sad to me, but I will try to contribute through the mailing list,
the perl.org.il site (I promised Gabor to help do the Hebrew version of the site),
and the Haifa Perl lectures.

Of course, if you guys decide to meet in Haifa, things will be different. I can
not only participate, but also ensure that about 5-15 other people come, and even
host the meeting and even offer refreshments. But this is a long shot, as
I don't think you'll bother to come from Tel-Aviv area all the way to Haifa for
a one hour lecture and two hours of chatting.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
http://cs.haifa.ac.il/~shlomo/