[Perl] Book Review: Mastering Algorithms with Perl

Offer Kaye oferk at oren.co.il
Sun Oct 20 00:07:09 PDT 2002

> BTW Do you know what is the relationship between New Riders and Prentice
> Hall ? I saw books from the former listed in the serach engine of the
> latter. Does NR belong to PH ?
>
> ... and what is Pearson Education ? I saw its name a New Riders book and
> I received the Manning books from them.
>
>    Gabor

Prentice Hall is now a sub-division(? subsidiary? I'm not sure which is the
correct word here) of Pearson Education, which is itself a part of Pearson,
an international media company that owns, among other things, the Financial
Times group and the Penguin group (yes, that's Penguin of the Penguin books
fame). This info is from:
http://www.pearsoned.com/aboutUs.htm

New Riders is also a part of Pearson Education, among many other publishers.
I got this info the InformIT wesite, as InformIT is also, you guessed it, a
subsidiary of Pearson Education. The link:
http://www.informit.com/about/index.asp
The relevant text from the page:
"InformIT is a subsidiary of Pearson Education, the world's leading
publisher of education books. Our content partners, also members of the
Pearson Education family, include: Addison-Wesley Professional, Cisco Press,
New Riders, Peachpit, Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference, Que,
and Sams."

Big one, that Pearson group... :-)
Offer Kaye