[Perl] YAPC::Israel ?

Reuven M. Lerner reuven at lerner.co.il
Tue Oct 15 14:03:36 PDT 2002

I believe that a one-day YAPC::Israel or Perl workshop would be a
great thing.

Indeed, I think that an Israeli open-source conference would be a
great thing on a variety of levels.  But organizing such a conference
would probably be too time-consuming (and perhaps expensive) for the
first time around.

So I suggest that we consider having a one-day conference/workshop in
another 3-5 months, with eyes toward a full-blown open-source
convention in another 12-18 months.

I don't know if we'll want to get approval from YAS, but we will
*definitely* want to learn from their mistakes over the years in
putting together low-budget conferences.

Reuven