[Perl] Lecture suggestions

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Sun Oct 13 03:08:07 PDT 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> It sounds interesting and I am sure a lot of people have never used X
> with Perl and might want to hear about. The next open slot is currently
> in January but if we Mark gives a double presentation about OOP then
> we might pospone yours.

You probably ment XS and not X.

I am glad there is interest.
I don't mind it being in January or February.

> On another note we might start to think about organizing a full-day
> YAPC-like event.

That's a great idea.

We can ask for people to give talks and other might be interested in giving presentations of working systems. We can ask industry people to talk about how Perl is used in their workplace.

If the talks and presentations be good enough and if this event gets enough coverage, it might be a start of a yearly event.
We can also try and squeeze such an event in some computer conference held in Tel-Aviv, such as compuserve...

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
http://cs.haifa.ac.il/~shlomo/